Written by Liam Hastie on Friday March 22nd 2013 in SIMUL8 Tips, Technical Corner
SIMUL8 Tip: Recording results per work item to a spreadsheet
1. Start by joining 4 items to create a process:
- Entry point
- End Point
2. Create a label called “UniqueNumber”
3. Add an action to the Entry Point. Set this label to a ‘Unique’ value.
4. Check that each work item is getting a unique value:
- Run the simulation for a few seconds
- Select the queue
- Select advanced > Contents
- Scroll through the work items on the left and confirm that each has a unique label value
5. Create an internal spreadsheet called “Results”.
6. Create an action that will record the time that each work items completes activity 1:
- Create an action and select option to ‘Change Anything’.
- Double-click to add the ‘Results’ spreadsheet
- Change the column reference ‘c’ to be 1
- Change the row reference ‘r’ to be the label by selecting ‘Object’ and then double-clicking on “UniqueNumber”.
- Back in the ‘Action’ window pick the option ‘Set to’.
- In the next window select the little box with the 3 dots to open the Formula Editor.
- Double-click to add ‘Simulation Time’
7. Run the simulation and then open the ‘Results’ spreadsheet. This has now recorded the completion of each work item at activity 1 (in minutes from the start of the simulation)